Are You Locked Out? Don’t Worry, Here’s What To Do Next
Almost everyone face locked out problems in their life. It is a very common situation to panic when you are trying to find the house keys. In such situation, the first thing to remember is to stay calm and after that look for help. The locked out situation can be a little stressful, embarrassing and frustrating, but it is essential to stay calm, especially if you are alone and considering about to break something to gain entry.
You may have a neighbor or a friend who you trust and already have given a spare key of your house. If you locked out of your house, office or car and need a professional locksmith as soon as possible, make Sherwood Park 24/7 locksmith your first choice. We will send you a locksmith to visit you and help you out. Here are a few essential things to do when you locked out.
- Call your roommate & landlord: If you have a roommate or a landlord, you may be in luck. Give your roommate or landlord a call to know he or she has extra keys and when they are coming home. Generally, landlords have a spare set of keys, just for an emergency or get into the apartment for the maintenance.
- Look for unlocked windows: Generally, people never leave their house with the windows unlocked. But a few of them have a habit to forget to lock the windows. If you are one of them, you can try finding an unlocking window that can be your perfect entry point. Be careful when you enter through the window. You need to maintain the balance and also need to be aware when you will go down.
- Grab a credit card: It will work if you have a spring bolt lock. If you have a dead bolt lock, you cannot open it with a plastic card or a credit card. Using a thin plastic card or a credit card between the frame and the door at the point where the latch is located. Bend the card and push your weight against the door.
- Remove the door knob: This method is actually working on the door there is no deadbolt. To open the door, you can use a bobby pin. Insert the bobby pin in the hole of the lock and push with hand and twist the door knob.
- Call a professional: This is one of the best and the most reliable options. If you have all options exhausted, it may be time to call a professional locksmith. Pick your phone and find a locksmith service that near to you.
Getting locked out of the house or office is never fun. But when this happens to you, it is important to remember that you have a number of options to unlock the door. You just need to stay calm and assess the situation. If you need assistance, give a call to Sherwood Park 24/7 Locksmith.